Monday, January 29, 2018

Iokwe from OK: Smooth Sailing


Iokwe!

Wow, after this one, there are only two iokwes left. 

I've recently really been learning to let go of my desires for a perfect path and to just enjoy life. It's been a journey so far, and like every journey, it is not always perfect. The majority of the time I've had many good and enjoyable experiences, though there have been instances intermingled in the journey that have been less enjoyable, and involved more stretching and discomfort than pleasure and smooth sailing. But, I've held on to some simple and fundamental truths that have helped me sail forward in the rougher waters.

I've learned that God really loves me. He knows where I am, what situations I am in, and who I am. It's not all been easy, but rather possible and worth it through Him. Another principle I've learned is that you can't expect to be perfect - not now. This is the purpose of repentance and the reason it is an essential part of God's plan. We grow, change, and receive forgiveness and see the mistakes that we make filled, covered, and made even in the end. 

I've come to know God through the merits and mercy of His Son, and His divine example. I know that through Christ, we can find peace in coming closer to our Father in Heaven, and joy during the journey as we do so. I have come to believe in that, because I know this fundamental truth: I am a child of God. I now know because of that, He will always take care of us on our voyage back to live with Him once more. It will always be smooth sailing, with the Savior by our side on this journey.

See you all soon!

Elder Josh Kilmer
OklahomaOklahoma City Mission, English-Marshallese speaking

不動心
Fudoshin:  immovable spirit
www.mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment