Monday, October 2, 2017

Iokwe from OK! Lots of learning


Iokwe!

I have really enjoyed this last week. I've been learning so much. Seeing all of those weaknesses and shortcomings I've been mentioning has really opened up my eyes in preparation to learn to change and overcome them. It's brought me a lot of peace and joy to see that happen this week.

We got to go to the Temple, which was so instructive and helped me understand some truths that have changed my perspective on my progress and what that really means. The spirit that is felt at the Temple is such a blessing. I also found many answers from hearing from our prophets and apostles this weekend.

Yesterday, while biking, we saw a family sitting on their porch. After talking with them for a moment, we began discussing the importance of family and how difficult it is to maintain strong family bonds while the world seems so much to wear those down. We explained to them that the Lord knows and loves us and that He wants to bless our families and protect them from falling apart. It's His plan that our families are eternal. We told them that to fulfill this plan, the Lord has reached out again in these latter days to call prophets to guide us and share truths that will help our families. It started with a 14-year-old boy, who wanted to know what was right. Now He is continuing to teach us truth today through modern prophets. The Spirit powerfully witnessed that what we were saying was true. I'm grateful that it is. 

I'm so happy to be called for two years to share this great truth. God loves us enough to keep reaching out to us. I invite you to learn for yourself that truth. Keep reaching out to Him!

Jerammaan!

Elder Josh Kilmer
OklahomaOklahoma City Mission, English-Marshallese speaking
不動心
Fudoshin:  immovable spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment