Monday, December 4, 2017

Iokwe from OK! Transfers!


Iokwe!

This may be the last I really get to claim "iokwe" as part of my mission! Transfers are coming this Wednesday and I am heading to Owasso, near Tulsa! I've only got one and a half-ish transfers left (transfers are 6 weeks), so this may be the end of my Marshallese work on my mission. I've only been out to Tulsa once for a meeting, so I'm not sure what it will be like (but they do have a Sprouts!!! Thank goodness....). I also don't really know much about the area itself or the missionaries I'll be serving around. It's out of the Stillwater area, which is where I've spent all but 3 months of my mission! 

The Marshallese areas have Elder Lazarus, Elder Springer, Elder Watterson, and Elder Magleby. Elder Springer is pretty new - he came a few weeks ago. They'll do great up there and I'm excited for them. 

Elder Leavitt is staying in the Guthrie 1st area and he'll be joined by Elder Theurer, whom we both know. I'm excited for them.

I'll have to give you more updates when I get up there and have some information to give you. At the moment, I want to say thank you for all of the comments you've all given recently - they've been really uplifting. I have experienced a lot of growth this last while (I know that due to the growing pains). It's not been easy, partially because of the pain of leaving comfort zones and pushing limits, but also because I've moved on to new areas on my journey that I didn't expect to be in. It's as if the path has opened up to a view of an entirely different direction that it curves in that I had not expected on my hike upwards. I'm not always sure where to go. But one thing I am loving is my ever-increasing testimony of the Savior. I have not known Christ the same way as I am learning to. My understanding of who He is, but also why He is important and has value in my life, and why I am happiest as I turn to Him and rely on Him has broadened and deepened past what I thought was really important or could help me. 

I will be continuing to seek for greater light that comes from Him as I study His life and His words, both from the past and in the present. I believe ever more that He lives and loves us. He is the light of the world, and we can have that light ourselves and hold it up for the rest of the world to see. Seek for ways to do that, especially this Christmas time! He is really there!

Jeramman!

Elder Josh Kilmer
Oklahoma, Oklahoma City Mission
不動心 Fudoshin:  immovable mind

No comments:

Post a Comment