Monday, November 6, 2017

Thanksgiving!

Iokwe!
Elder Kilmer at mission leadership conference

Elder Kilmer with his new companion, Elder Leavitt at stake conference from yesterday



Because I am prone to missing emailing about holidays the week they are happening, I'll mention this today:

I have been keeping a gratitude journal since a little before the beginning of the month. It has been something I've actually grown to cherish. It began with writing something simple I thought of, usually right before going to sleep. After about a week or so, the things I've written have grown more specific, more thoughtful, and more plentiful. I've enjoyed very much noting things I am grateful for, especially since I have begun to notice them more than those things that are difficult about life. 

Negative thought cycles are easy to get caught in. I actually think positive thought cycles are too. They're more difficult to get started because it can be easy to sink down in pessimism, but they are more natural to us than negativity, I believe. It's easy to see that we catch on quickly to positive and grateful thoughts and attitudes and naturally retain that type of perspective as long as we do a little upkeep. The person who gave the journals to us promised that if we wrote in them every day we would find more joy. I've found that to be true and invite you to do the same and look for that promise being fulfilled!

I don't have time for an update on what's going on in our areas at the moment, but I'll let you know next week! Have a great week! He lives!

--
Jeramman!

Elder Josh Kilmer
Oklahoma, Oklahoma City Mission
不動心 Fudoshin:  immovable mind

No comments:

Post a Comment