Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Iokwe from OK!: Sorrrrreee

Iokwe!

So, we found out that for Zone P-Day this coming Monday we are going to drive over to Stillwater and spend a couple of hours at an indoor climbing gym! My entire life was centered around rock climbing before I left on my mission, so I am super excited. I've been trying to train for our climbing day to use our time as best as I can, and I am so sore. I definitely pass out almost instantly every night. I should have some pictures next week and they should be good because Elder Rodier, our district leader, is also a climber and we are already planning to have our own climbing competition (you can start placing your bets now).

I don't have a whole lot to update everyone on this week, so I'm going to keep it short and mostly respond to personal emails. However, I do want to share with everyone my goal for the time being:

Currently I am working on being more sincere. I have noticed that I will often not really mean what I say or not say what I actually mean. I'm getting better at it, but there are times when I will just say something because it will please the other person, but I don't really actually feel what I am saying. For example, the whole "You're the best!" compliment that everyone knows is more empty than the calories found in a Hostess snack. 

My vision is to be someone that can look people in the eye and they will really feel that I mean what I am saying, that I am complimenting them because I think it's true, that I am saying what I am saying because I believe it, and that I am really genuinely interested in their well-being. I feel that if I can achieve that, I will be a better influence for good because of it. Especially because I believe that the Savior is that kind of person and when He talks with people, they can't help but feel His words are full of meaning. Maybe I can't be quite like that right now, but I want to help people feel of His love and I can't do that if I'm not sincere about it.

If you have any suggestions on how to accomplish that, or ideas on how to refine the vision I have, send them my way!

Love you all, have a great week!

Jeramman!

Elder Josh Kilmer
Oklahoma, Oklahoma City Mission
不動心 Fudoshin:  immovable mind

No comments:

Post a Comment