Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Iokwe from OK: Happy Easter!


Iokwe!

So, this week was definitely crazy. We were trying to move out of our house by our deadline on Saturday, which was great except we had Zone Conference in OKC on Thursday and Elder Smith and Elder Oberender were going on exchanges in Edmond right after Zone Conference through Friday -- also, we still had yet to find a house to move into.... Which meant that we spent far less time doing actual proselyting than we wanted to and a lot of time tossing all of the contents of our house into the other Elders' house just down the street.... only to find out that our housing coordinator extended our stay at our current house for two weeks to give us more time. So we have now packed everything back into our house and are preparing for round two, hopefully this week!

Inline image 1
(Elder Lazarus, Elder Smith, Elder Kilmer, Elder Oberander)

In other news, this transfer I have really been focusing on being firmer in the faith of Christ. I have realized that I believe in God, I believe in Christ, I believe they exist... but they can sometimes feel kind of far away. Like they are some distant beings that I am unfamiliar with that I turn to for help from time to time. 

In Marshallese, to say that you know a person, you use an extra word that makes the sentence: "I know the identity of *insert name here*." So if you were to say "I know Jesus Christ" you would say "I know His identity" or "I know His character". I have really felt like I have been coming to know His identity more and more. As I have really sought to know Him, He has become real to me. Someone that I feel is close by, not some unknown being who watches from a distance. I feel that He is near me, and within arm's reach. 

I am so grateful for a Savior who is real. He really is. I know He loves us and He knows us. Have a great week!

Jerammaan!

Elder Josh Kilmer
OklahomaOklahoma City Mission, Marshallese speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment