Monday, December 5, 2016

Iokwe from OK! Mumps!

Iokwe aolep!

Remember that one time I made promises about emailing more consistently and then didn't email for a week? Well..... Life decided to throw me a little curve ball and I caught mumps last Friday and wasn't allowed to leave the apartment. Something about spreading it around and infecting people. So, I got to drive down to Noble and pick up Elder Nicholas who was also feeling sick and we both stayed quarantined in our apartment in Enid for a week. 




It was terrible.

At least I got to stay with Elder Nicholas, who made it fun. Our faces swelled up pretty badly and it was hard to eat. But we had to wear masks when people came near us or dropped off our groceries, so we got to make Batman and Bane jokes, so that was good. 
Elder Kilmer with his mouth wide open, apparently getting or giving mumps to Elder Nicholas, standing next to him


So, no updates on the area because it's suffering immensely from lack of attention. But, I'm back in action now and restless from sitting inside for days. So, you should get a good report from this next week because we're going to go kill it. 

Sorry, I wish I had more time this week! Thanks for consistently writing even though I haven't!

Elder Josh Kilmer
OklahomaOklahoma City Mission, Marshallese speaking


不動心
Fudoshin:  immovable spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment