Hi everyone, we received word that Josh and his companion Elder Nicholas are being transferred tomorrow to Enid, Oklahoma. Enid, if we understand correctly, has the largest Marshallese speaking population in Oklahoma.
Enid is northwest of Oklahoma City, and has a population of almost 50,000 people, making it the ninth largest city in OK. Fun facts about Enid:
- It is known as the "Wheat Capital of Oklahoma" and the "Wheat Capital of America."
- It has this third largest wheat storage capacity in the world
- Allegedly two co-conspirators in President Lincoln's assassination lived and died in Enid
- Country star Hank Williams Junior wrote a song called "Greeted in Enid"
- In Jurassic Park III Paul Kirby mentions that his business is in Enid, Oklahoma
Of course, we are most excited that he is in Enid where the Marshallese population is high and he will have a chance to practice his language skills. He is likely to be there for a long time, maybe six to eight months or more. There is a local church congregation there that is just Marshallese speaking!
As Josh has a temporary address in Enid as they need to find new housing, so if you wish to write or send him anything, it is best to send it to the mission home address on the side bar. Of course, you can also email him.